I’ve been quietly working on a YouTube channel for The Postcardist, and I’m in pre-production on shows for that format. I’ve been posting some snippets here, but once I get get going I’ll create 15 to 20-minute shows on particular postcard topics. While The Postcardist Podcast sails along with great guests and storytelling, the YouTube channel will be more documentary style with a narrow focus.
Here are some initial topics I’m working on. I’d really love to get some feedback from you on additional topics you’d like to see. You can leave a comment or send me an email at email@example.com.
- Episode 1: Shining a light on Hold-to-Light (HTL) Postcards from the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis
- Episode 2: Examining Mutoscope Pinup Postcards Featuring the Art of Zoë Mozert, Gil Elvgren, and Earl Moran
- Episode 3: Assembling the World’s Largest Collection of Bigfoot and Cryptozoology Postcards
- Episode 4: Showcasing a Collection of Postal Stationery from the U.S. and Europe
- Episode 5: Maximizing the Value of Maxicards
So, that’s the first five. Each of these will take some time to produce because of all the shots and editing. Plus, there’s a lot of research that is going into each one. This will be fun. Let me know what you think.